This six piece band with brass section, offer a very original Irish brand of the blues, performing their own material as well as selected standards.
The band was formed in 1986 in the International Bar in Dublin and have stayed faithful to their commitment to playing the Blues, Irish style.
In addition to performing the length and breadth of Ireland, the band are regular and popular performers at Dublin's well known venues e.g.
- Midnight at the Olympia
- The Gaiety Theatre
- Temple Bar Music Centre
- The Da Club
- Renards Jazz & Blues Club
The band perform at the International Bar, Wicklow Street, Dublin every Friday night. Check with venue before travelling to avoid disappointment.
Television and Radio Appearances
- The band regularly appear on RTE Television (Irish National Television) on programmes including Night Hawks, Live at 3 and the Kenny Live Show.
- The International Blues Band were also featured on the French documentary about Dublin "Villes Du Monde".
- On Radio, the International Blues Band were recorded live for London Jazz FM at the Cork Festival.
- Their demo-CD was featured as Record of the Week on Dublin's FM 104.
- They were also the subject of a 30 minute programme on All that Jazz and Blues on RTE Radio 1.
- Peter Moore was interviewed on Moloney after Midnight on 2FM.
The band has just complete recording their first Album at Park Lane Studios. The Album is arranged and produced by Frank McNamara. Frank is well known for his work with the Eurovision Song Contest team. He is also responsible for producing and arranging both winning songs for Ireland in two consecutive Eurovision Song Contests 1992 and 1993.
To book The International Blues Band contact Upbeat Promotions
by Caroline Brady